VisualWget is a free and open source, visual download manager to retrieve files from the web - based on Wget. It provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for Wget and some more features.
When retrieving a file, VisualWget will gather information, then compute a jobs list displaying a progress bar, speed and ETA. You can easily see the progress of the files yourself.
You can run VisualWget on many different OS’s.
- Provides an easy to use, GUI for Wget
- Able to fetch documents, archives, pictures, as well as HTML resources
- Clear and easy display of downloads
- Settings, proxies, fonts and sounds are fully customisable
- Active downloads can be paused and then continued at a later date
- Ability to queue downloads
- Download scheduler
- Takes advantage of all Wget’s functionalities
What can VisualWget be used for?
Download a webpage for offline viewing
Using VisualWget you can easily download a webpage and then view it later offline.
Scheduling large & multiple files
VisualWget can easily schedule the download of files, even large ones!